2010 Marconi Awards

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sat Oct 2 16:41:14 EDT 2010

<<On Sat, 2 Oct 2010 15:39:55 -0400, "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> an NAB-member company. When CBS rejoined the NAB, it strongly
> encouraged the nomination of its stations for Marconis. I have the
> feeling that stations may be allowed to nominate themselves. That
> sounds horrible, but it isn't; it seems to be commonplace for awards
> given to members of trade associations.

I don't know about the Marconis, but many industry awards are made on
the basis of presentations created by stations or producers which are
supposed to highlight their best work; the results are then judged by
a panel of experts in the field.  That's how all the journalism awards
are done, for example.  I suppose now there are probably awards for
multimedia journalism that include both broadcast and Web content.

-GAWollman