WEEI versus The Sports Hub (was: Entercom to buy WFNX?)

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 14:29:21 EST 2010

By the way, I must hand it to Kevin, who predicted that the Sox deal would kill WEEI. I thought he was nuts at the time, but it turns out he was right -- the debt alone from that contract has to make it difficult for Entercom to make many moves.

As far as programming, WEEI's schtick was worn out 10 years ago. Ordway is a good interviewer and when on his own (or namely, without Fred Smerlas) can put on a good show. I was listening to him and DeOssie talk football a couple years ago and I actually learned something -- then Smerlas showed up and it turned into the traditional chuckle fest.