Union NJ men's clothier

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 22:10:16 EDT 2010

The website www.musicradio77.com has a couple of Dennison's commercials.

I underestimated how many people in Boston listened to WABC overnight until the morning that Roby Young went nuts on the air concerning the rumor that Beatle Paul was dead.

Word spread like wildfire until WABC security had to escort him out of the building.
Sent on from my BlackBerry® so typos are because of tiny keys

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Paine <ka3zci@yahoo.com>
Sender: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:25:39
To: <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Subject: Union NJ men's clothier

That could have been Dennison's, which I think was in Union. I should remember because I listened to WABC all night. All of you north of Waterford CT had better reception for the Boston stations; while you heard Arnie "Woo-Woo" Ginsburg, Bud Ballou and the rest, I could only get WMCA and Musicradio 77 WABC (ding). The overnight guy was Charlie Greer and he did Dennison's commercials. I can't recall if their spots began with "Is this the place? It's gotta be the place, 'cause there's no other place like this place". After the first line, the jock would slap the desk - ba-dum-dum-dum-dum or whatever SFX fits. I am pretty certain that Dennison's ads had an end tag, "Dennison's, Route __, Union, New Jersey. Dennison's, where money talks, nobody walks." I sometimes use that line today. Of course, no one has the foggiest notion of the significance but I just smile and let them wonder what I'm up to......

Bob Paine