WEIM call letter change

lglavin@mail.com lglavin@mail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:15:52 EDT 2010

24/7
Still have trouble hearing the translator (and WROR) in the Worcester area
due to the
pirate 105.5.
-Bob
 When WPKZ does its station IDs ATOH, they usually have it read WPKZ-AM 1280 and 105.3 FM.
 The ACTUAL call letters for the FM are W288CE (105.3 is actually FM channel 287), but
 I've never heard them say W288CE;  non-commercial FMs with translators, like WEVO in
 in Concord, NH give their translator call letters several times a day (although in the
 case of WEVO, they NEVER announce their translator W212AF, which was its translator
 in Nashua for years until WEVS-FM 88.3 went on the air.  It's still transmitting even now,
 which is why I can't get WAMC atop Mt. Greylock, MA to check out its new antenna.  Isn't this
 contrary to FCC regulations?).