Station addresses confused!

Jibguy@aol.com Jibguy@aol.com
Wed Nov 3 13:10:10 EDT 2010

In a message dated 11/3/2010 11:48:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hmglaz@att.net writes:

I remember listening to WVBF back in the '70s and hearing listener calls
played back -- contests, requests, whatever -- with many of those listeners
answering the jock's end-of-call "What station plays the most hit music?" with
an enthusiastic "WBBF!!!"

I wonder what it was like for a WVBF newscaster (in the 1980's) who also
used to work at top-40 WBBF-950 in Rochester NY. Forget his name right now,
but his resume included WBBF and WVBF.  If he accidentally mis-spoke on WVBF,
would anyone notice?

---BB