WCOP (was ABC in Boston)

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Thu May 20 01:49:34 EDT 2010

On 19 May 2010 at 5:16, Maureen Carney wrote:

> WCOP had to switch before 1973, as I remember listening to it in the
> car after my family moved back here from Denver in the fall of 1972. I
> don't remember hearing Monitor on WCOP at the time but to be honest as
> a 6-7 year old I wasn't looking for it either.

I definitely remember listening to NBC on WCOP later than 1973.  They
were running monthly reruns of the 1950s science fiction anthology
drama "X Minus One," which NBC was apparently running in order to
preserve their rights to the name.  And I remember listening to it in
the livingroom of the apartment that I moved into in October 1973.