Week-old weather forecasts - is this what radio has become?

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Wed May 19 20:06:00 EDT 2010

At 3:27 PM -0700 5/19/10, Matthew Osborne wrote:

>This past weekend, my wife and I took a trip up to Burlington VT.
>While there, on Sunday morning we were listening to Star 92.9 WEZF.
>When the weather forecast came on, we winced when it called for a
>'bad Mothers Day with rain mixing with snow all day and temps in the
>40s.'  This despite the fact that Mother's Day was a week prior, and
>it was bright and sunny outside (the temperature even made it into
>the low 70s that day).  Is this what radio has come to, when even a
>100 kw market-leading station can't even be bothered to check what
>actually airs over the weekend?  I didn't think of this until it was
>too late, but since we actually stayed right near their Fort Ethan
>Allen studios, I probably should've gone there and taped a note on
>their front door about paying attention to what happens on their
>station during the "off-hours" of the weekend.
>
>You know, I might expect something like this to happen on an average
>small town station in the middle of nowhere, but apparently now even
>the big stations don't care anymore.  Man am I glad I got out of
>radio when I did...

Do they have a feedback or "contact us" form on their website?  If
so, they probably ignore that too. :-)  I recently wrote to another
VT station (WNCS) that their Internet stream sounded way too brite
and has no bass, of course nothing has changed.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH