WVDA Hotel Studio

Sonny Daye sonnydaye1@gmail.com
Wed May 19 11:04:19 EDT 2010

Dan was trying to remember the name of the hotel WVDA was located in.
My fuzzy memory recalls dropping in on Joe Smith at a studio in the HOTEL
SOMERSET (400 Comm. Ave) around 1959. I'm not sure if it was WVDA or WILD.
He worked at* both* (*AFTER* his MEX stint). Did WVDA *become* WILD? I can't
recall what WILD'S previous calls were*.  *Anyway, is The Somerset Hotel the
one you were trying to remember?*
-Sonny Daye

Dan said:
<<<<<The WVDA studios (which had been the WLAW Boston
studios) were in a well-known Boston hotel, whose name I keep
forgetting. That hotel had previously been the site of WBZ's studios
and also the studios of WBOS (not just the FM station but also WBOS
(AM) 1600, which became WUNR many decades ago).

I think it was established many years ago on this list that, even
though three or four stations had maintained studios in the same
Boston hotel at various times, they did not all occupy the same space
at different times.......... Indeed, there was probably a time when that
hotel
was home to at least two unrelated radio stations at the same time.
Somebody, please supply the hotel name so I can say, "Oh, yeah."
(Wasn't it on Stuart St? It was neither the Parker House nor the
Touraine, IIRC.) Thanks. >>>>>>>>>>>
*