Weather Change at WBZ 4

Ron Bello rbello@belloassoc.com
Sat Mar 27 16:10:57 EDT 2010

Could it be corporate bean counters ?  Corporate bean counters with no
vision ?

When Group W ran WBZ they didn't have the revolving front door.  It was run
by broadcast veterans.  WBZ is so far down the corporate ladder now one has
to wonder if those making decisions ever watch / listen to their product and
if they do, do they know the difference.  The more they cut, the more they
push the consumer to those who do a better job / have not cut as much.
It becomes a viscous cycle.

A couple of weeks ago I was in Chicago on business.  At 10:30pm on Sunday,
WLS-FM had 2 streams playing at the same time.  Curious, I let it play to
see
how it would be before it was fixed.  Sadly, after 20 minutes I couldn't
take it
any more.  Little effort was made to make "The True Oldies Channel" sound
local in the nation's 3rd largest market.

Any business that doesn't invest and is looking at it as a cash machine is
doomed.