Classical Radio on the ropes.....

lglavin@mail.com lglavin@mail.com
Wed Mar 24 16:51:29 EDT 2010

My position is that KING-FM was a WELL-PROGRAMMED station with playlists that it controlled reflecting the real world
of classical music that one might encounter in performing venues in Seattle, Boston or perhaps even Omaha!  (I use the
term "playlists that it controlled" to separate them from concerts and operas it broadcast as well.  Even during the
worst days of Charles River/Nassau ownership, the Boston Symphony Orchestra broadcasts provided such a listening
experience.)  If KING-FM's switch to the public model results in  "underwriting messages", such as are heard on WCRB,
Pugettians may not notice the difference.  Something tells me that even as a commercial outlet, KING was not
beset by the many, um, "spurious" advertising messages heard on even generally respectable stations:
"get-out-of-credit-card-debt-without-lowering-your-credit-score"; "trade-in-your-gold-jewelry-for-cash";
"make-as-much-money-working-from-home-as-a-fulltime-job"; etc.