Classical Radio on the ropes.....

Don Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 16:21:22 EDT 2010

There is a BRI list member who constantly touts KING in Seattle as an
example of a well run classical station.

Now it appears that KING is in trouble as well, and has to change their
business model.

Classical KING FM to become listener supported

http://www.king.org/pages/6544931.php

""This is the next logical step in our evolution as a great classical
station," said Bayley."   "KING's founder Dorothy Bullitt built a legacy of
great classical programming and innovation at KING FM.

"That vision worked well for a time, but the handwriting is on the wall,"
Bayley said. "With all the changes in media in the United States, commercial
advertising is no longer a fit for KING."

I guess we are lucky to have WCRB alive and on the air in any form!