Charlie Manning replaces Rush on WRKO starting Monday

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Tue Mar 2 08:54:21 EST 2010

"There is a technological issue that someone here must surely be able
to answer: Is the PPM encoding unique to each HD-n subchannel or does
a single encoded ID appear on all of the station's channels (analog
and digital)? If the latter, the portion of the the audience that is
listening to WXKS-FM HD-2 or -3 will be credited to Kiss, not to AM
1200. I imagine that the encoding must be unique to each
channel/sub-channel, but I don't _know_ that."

Each individual audio stream MUST be separately encoded in order to receive credit for listening.  A stream that's not encoded gets no listening credit.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040