WNAC-TV 1981

revdoug1@myfairpoint.net revdoug1@myfairpoint.net
Mon Jun 28 09:17:08 EDT 2010

You're right.  All I remember of WNAC-TV in the early '50s is Louise
Morgan, Gus Saunders, a few network kiddie shows, a few CBS and ABC
primetime shows, and --- as you said --- Superman.  I don't remember
any newscasts or anchors.  I do recall the test pattern, with The
Yankee Network's distinctive Art Deco lettering.  (I think they
continued using it long after The Yankee Network's demise.)

You're also right about WNAC's signal.  It was never as good as Channel
4's; depending on weather conditions, it was frequently rather snowy
out in the Fitchburg area where I grew up.   Things improved
considerably after the new tower was erected (mid-'60s?).    -Doug