With 940 now officially vacant

Mike Ward mward@iname.com
Tue Jun 22 18:22:33 EDT 2010

One more time, with feeling...Canadian stations are not trying to reach
American audiences (with one or two notable exceptions, like CKEY Ft.
Erie/Buffalo, two of the Windsor FMs, etc.).

The CBC isn't trying to reach distant American ears in New England/or Ohio,
as much as I miss them on 740.

And CJAD is trying to reach Montreal's English speakers, not us.

Thankfully, the CBC has a robust streaming audio service, and I can listen
to CBC Yellowknife on this very smartphone, if I wish.

As much as I love the magic and romance of listening to distant Canadian AM
stations, they aren't gonna spend money unless this mythical upgrade helps
their LOCAL audience.