Red Sox TV and Radio ratings tanking

Bob DeMattia bob.bosra@demattia.net
Tue Jul 27 16:20:04 EDT 2010

I seem to remember at least one experiment to bring back WMEX on the
feeble 1150 signal.
While only tangentially related, I think WKLB-FM, when it was still on
105.7, tried a simulcast
of country on 1430.  Neither of those attempts at music on AM seem to
have lasted very long.

I have faint recollections of WRKO and WMEX, but FM was bigger during
my main music
listening years : WVBF and WROR were the top 40's then.  After getting
used to the hi-fidelity
of FM, it's difficult to go back to bandwidth-limited static prone AM
for listening to music.
It's still fun to listen to distant AMers at night, but as a regular
listening pattern I must admit
I used AM for talk or news.

I imagine the general public, especially the 25-40 demo don't care
much about AM.  So unless
they are going to follow a listener support mode, I don't see oldies
making a big comeback on
AM.

-Bob