[B R-I] Re: W279BQ-103.7 On-Air (Where?); New Pirate On 94.9?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 03:33:52 EDT 2010

As I like to point out on the air, WMWM--the best radio station in
Salem! (Also the only one!
Well, physically IN Salem...studios, xmtr.!) Let's not forget the COL
for WESX is now that huge metropolis where I grew up, Nahant! :)

> Well, because I was thinking that now Salem doesn't have its own station,
> forgetting about WMWM....Oh, hi Raccoon!  P=)
> But, as Scott just pointed out, translator COLs are pretty much
> meaningless——though IDing as the transmitter city is certainly more
> relevant, particularly in this case.

Yes, you can be up in Burlington VT and hear some FM translators for
religious stations
from Idaho or Cal. or something...I will say that the other night at 5
pm W279BQ,
simulcasting WSMA, did have what was apparently a Christian music show for teens
"His Kids" and the DJ said the first song was a request for a girl in
Marshfield so I
thought, well, there's one local show, and at least they're
simulcasting something from
the South Shore of Boston...