[B R-I] Re: W279BQ-103.7 On-Air (Where?); New Pirate On 94.9?

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 13:59:23 EDT 2010

Paul Walker wrote,

 > WikiMaps and Googlemaps show about the same location but
 > theyre both off.
 >
 > Look at S 20th street going South.. look to the left, see the
 > oipen field and the big round white blob? That's where the K04HL
 > Antenna sits, on top oif the town water tank.

Well, if you go to the USGS National Map Viewer and plug in "41.6
-98.9337", it shows it right where GoogleMaps puts it (or does
the USGS just use GoogleMaps?):

http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/viewer/?q=41.6000%20-98.9337&x=-11013240.745994333&y=5101265.158765939&p=default&b=base2&i=0&l=18

while it shows the water tower as being at "41.5983 -98.9355":

http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/viewer/?q=41.5983%20-98.9355&x=-11013410.66569932&y=5100984.923970435&p=default&b=base2&i=0&l=18

Maybe the stated xmtr coordinates are off?
Did you verify the water tower/xmtr coordinates with GPS or local
property records?
Yeah, yeah, I know:  I've got waaaay too much time on my hands!  P=)

      ~Kaimbridge~

-----
      Wikipedia—Contributor Home Page:

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kaimbridge