[B R-I] Re: W279BQ-103.7 On-Air (Where?); New Pirate On 94.9?

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 11:27:17 EDT 2010

Paul Walker wrote,

 > Ive found googlemaps to be anywhere between 500 to 1000 feet off
 > when using exact co-ordinates.
 >
 > I once maped K04HL in Ord, NE when I lived there and google maps
 > putn it 500 feet off from where I knew it to be.

I don't know if the coordinates were different then, but based on the
current ones, did you map them using NAD-83:

      http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=41.6000083&lon=-98.9337&z=18&m=h

or NAD-27:

      http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=41.6&lon=-98.9333333&z=18&m=h

There looks like about a 31m/100ft difference:

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=41.6&lon=-98.9333333&z=19&l=0&m=m&gz=0;-989337000;416000000;3674;0;0;80

Also, I think height can distort map plotting.

 > Why would Salem "losing" WESX have anythijng to do with where
 > the translator licenses itself?

Well, because I was thinking that now Salem doesn't have its own
station, forgetting about WMWM....Oh, hi Raccoon!  P=)
But, as Scott just pointed out, translator COLs are pretty much
meaningless——though IDing as the transmitter city is certainly more
relevant, particularly in this case.

      ~Kaimbridge~

-----
      Wikipedia—Contributor Home Page: