[B R-I] Re: W279BQ-103.7 On-Air (Where?); New Pirate On 94.9?

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 08:38:21 EDT 2010

 > They may be licensed to Salem--indeed at 5 pm I heard an ID that
 > said "WSMA Scituate 90.5 FM, simulcast on 103.7 W279BQ Salem" (or
 > words to that effect)
 >
 > Drove around Beverly, also 128 from Beverly to Lynnfield (where
 > I lose them). Maybe based on Highland Ave Salem and best heard
 > in Bev., Salem, Danvers, Swampscott, Peabody, Lynn?

In terms of COL, the license and CP both identify Gloucester as the
"principal community to be served" (which appears far fetched for
either case, though the original 'Farms location would have been fine).
They were granted a license on 15 September 2009,

      http://licensing.fcc.gov/prod/cdbs/pubacc/Auth_Files/1332585.pdf

which, after adjusting the coordinates from NAD-27 to NAD-83 (why they
haven't just converted to the modern '83 datum——which GPS, Google Maps
and just about everyone else uses——is beyond logic),

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/asrn-within-radius?dlat=42&mlat=33&slat=26.00&ns=N&dlon=70&mlon=53&slon=13.00&ew=W&nad=27

locates the transmitter/antenna in the middle of the Cummings Center
parking lot on Rt.62 (Elliott St.) in Beverly:

      http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=42.5572531&lon=-70.8863962&z=17&m=h

No sign of anything there, now!
The subsequent construction permit was granted on 28 April 2010,

      http://licensing.fcc.gov/prod/cdbs/pubacc/Auth_Files/1351441.pdf

with the NAD-27->83 adjusted coordinates,

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/asrn-within-radius?dlat=42&mlat=30&slat=06.00&ns=N&dlon=70&mlon=55&slon=31.00&ew=W&nad=27

identifying the rooftop of a building just south of the Hawthorne
Square Mall on Rt.107 (Highland Ave, between Traders Way and
Greenledge St) as the transmitting site:

      http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=42.5017503&lon=-70.9247303&z=18&m=h

So it would certainly seem reasonable to change the COL to
Salem (especially since they lost WESX!).

      ~Kaimbridge~

-----
      Wikipedia—Contributor Home Page:

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kaimbridge