W279BQ-103.7 On-Air (Where?); New Pirate On 94.9?

raccoonradio@mail.com raccoonradio@mail.com
Wed Jul 14 02:26:31 EDT 2010

 They may be licensed to Salem--indeed at 5 pm I heard an ID that said "WSMA Scituate 90.5 FM,
simulcast on 103.7 W279BQ Salem" (or words to that effect)

Drove around Beverly, also 128 from Beverly to Lynnfield (where I lose them). Maybe based on
Highland Ave Salem and best heard in Bev., Salem, Danvers, Swampscott, Peabody, Lynn?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kaimbridge M. GoldChild <Kaimbridge@gmail.com>
To: Boston Radio Interest <Boston-Radio-Interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Mon, Jul 12, 2010 3:58 pm
Subject: W279BQ-103.7 On-Air (Where?);  New Pirate On 94.9?

The translator from Gloucester, W279BQ-103.7, was noted for the first time last night at 7:50pm——though it is passing WSMA-90.5 Scituate, not WRYP-90.1 Wellfleet, as expected.
As for where it's xmt-ing from,

Cummings Center, Beverly:  Lic.
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/FMTV-service-area?x=FX1332585.html

or

Highland Ave. (c.Hawthorne Sq. Mall), Salem:  CP
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/FMTV-service-area?x=FX1351441.html

There didn't seem to be any spike in strength as I was coming home past the Cummings Center, so I strongly suspect it is Highland Ave. location (unless its the formerly planned Beverly Farms spot at Hart & Hale St.s?).
Also, when I left Beverly Depot this morning, there seemed to be a Jazz station mixed in, both on 103.7 AND 90.5, **BUT** the 103.7 signal seemed to be independent of W279BQ (i.e., it didn't seem like 'BQ was passing both signals)!
Also this morning, noted a fairly strong signal on 94.9 playing EZ-listening type instrumental music, here in Beverly:  I don't believe it was W235AV out in Tatnuck.  It appeared gone by noon or 1-ish.

     ~Kaimbridge~

-----
     Wikipedia—Contributor Home Page:

                 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kaimbridge