WBZ-TV History and Where Are They Now?

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Tue Jul 13 08:55:56 EDT 2010

I grew up in Colchester and never had a problem receiving Channel 8.
We had the rooftop antenna with a rotor, which really was a must
there, and got a ton of stations.  But, it made channel surfing
difficult.  CBS and NBC (later FOX) in Hartford, ABC in New Haven, PBS
repeater in Norwich, and 26 in New London meant you most likely had to
turn the rotor whenever you changed the station.  Plus, our set had a
decent tuner, so we were often able to pull in 38 and 56 out of
Boston, the VHF's from Providence, and Channel 5 from NYC.  There was
always something on to watch, but you often had to fight for it.....

-Dave Tomm