W279BQ-103.7 On-Air (Where?); New Pirate On 94.9?

Kaimbridge M. GoldChild Kaimbridge@gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 15:58:35 EDT 2010

The translator from Gloucester, W279BQ-103.7, was noted for the first
time last night at 7:50pm——though it is passing WSMA-90.5 Scituate,
not WRYP-90.1 Wellfleet, as expected.
As for where it's xmt-ing from,

Cummings Center, Beverly:  Lic.
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/FMTV-service-area?x=FX1332585.html

or

Highland Ave. (c.Hawthorne Sq. Mall), Salem:  CP
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/FMTV-service-area?x=FX1351441.html

There didn't seem to be any spike in strength as I was coming home
past the Cummings Center, so I strongly suspect it is Highland Ave.
location (unless its the formerly planned Beverly Farms spot at Hart &
Hale St.s?).
Also, when I left Beverly Depot this morning, there seemed to be a
Jazz station mixed in, both on 103.7 AND 90.5, **BUT** the 103.7
signal seemed to be independent of W279BQ (i.e., it didn't seem like
'BQ was passing both signals)!
Also this morning, noted a fairly strong signal on 94.9 playing
EZ-listening type instrumental music, here in Beverly:  I don't
believe it was W235AV out in Tatnuck.  It appeared gone by noon or 1-ish.

      ~Kaimbridge~

-----
      Wikipedia—Contributor Home Page:

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kaimbridge