Media impact on the special election

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Sat Jan 23 12:16:06 EST 2010

On Jan 23, 2010, at 11:02 AM, raccoonradio@mail.com wrote:

> Well, politics is turning into sports or entertainment (er, when has it not been?) I guess.

I heard Howie Carr on WCRN play "Happy Days are Here Again" after the news Wednesday afternoon, in obvious reference to Scott Brown winning.  I thought it was distasteful.

I've never listened to Howie Carr, nor do I know his political leanings, but I assume now he's right-leaning.  What is it about those on the right that make them so nasty?  I don't think left-leaners would do such a thing.

Or maybe it's just the disintegration of meaningful political talk on the radio, where it is now, indeed, just entertainment.

Paul