Liberal Talk Where Art Thou?

Mark Laurence marklaurence@mac.com
Tue Jan 19 16:37:34 EST 2010

WGBH numbers surged during the weeks of December 10-23.  I believe WBUR
was in a pledge drive while 'GBH was debuting new programs, so that
skews things somewhat.  Normally (25-54 AQH) WBUR dominates WGBH with a
4-1 to even 10-1 advantage.  In December it was down to 3-1, as WGBH
posted its biggest audience of the year.  'GBH was strongest in
afternoon drive where they tripled their normal audience in the week of
December 10.  'BUR is still a lot stronger, but WGBH's early news-talk
numbers are dramatic.