North Dakota tower

Mike Fitzpatrick necrat.alternate@gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 21:33:39 EST 2010

That is the first time I heard that explanation. I heard that the steel
silos are to reduce the ice and wind-loading on the towers,
because they are straight towers with no guy wires. It was done to eliminate
the need for guy wires from being constructed on the
mountain top to reduce the "environmental damage".  (As you know Concrete
tower footings use less "earth" than the concrete guy wire footings)

I guess any explanation is plausible.

Also RE: Warsaw tower, it is widely believed amongst those who studied it,
the Warsaw tower collapsed due to sabotage.
While the Polish government wrote it off as a maintenance issue, others
involved wrote the tower was collapsed intentionally.

--Mike Fitzpatrick