WJIB

revdoug1@myfairpoint.net revdoug1@myfairpoint.net
Sat Jan 9 10:30:26 EST 2010

WJIB and WJTO's format is just the refreshing thing that Maine needs.
The state has an aging population of its own, plus it has a large
summer population of retirees "from away".   The nostalgia format would
serve the state well.  WJTO also has excellent newscasts, which is more
than can be said for ninety-five percent of Maine radio stations.

That having been said, however, I agree with Mark ---a 50 kw signal in
Maine would have to be placed on the coast.   WBZ's transmitter
location in Hull is what (largely) sets its killer signal apart from
the rest of its Boston counterparts.  'BZ can be heard during the day
all the way from southern New Brunswick to Sherbrooke to Port Jervis,
N.Y., and I don't know how far down the coast.  Any station that were
to obtain the 750 kHz permit would be crazy not to be build the
transmitting facility near the ocean.

I remember the old WHEB very well, and while I knew it had to protect
WSB at night, I sometimes wondered why Knight never upped its daytime
power output --- or, for that matter, why it closed the station down.
  -Doug

Quoting markwa1ion@aol.com: