WROW/Albany format change protest

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sun Feb 14 13:08:05 EST 2010

"what I find really scary about this is that these protestors insist that this change is solely for political reasons (to silence conservative opinion) and has nothing to do with the fact that WROW's ratings have been in the dumper for several years now (and their billing couldn't have been much better)."

Regrettably, the conspiracy mindset is not limited to this particular format change.  Whenever WRKO preempts Rush Limbaugh for ANY reason, even as we did through last month's US Senate election to provide local coverage, the switchboard is flooded with protest calls insisting that we are muzzling their hero.  It happens every single time we preempt Rush.

One has to wonder about the thought process of people who cannot possibly get through their day without either their marching orders or confirmation of their political beliefs from a re-purposed disc jockey.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040