FCC Open Today: Area Applications

Robert S Chase attychase@comcast.net
Sat Feb 13 14:19:58 EST 2010

Regarding the post quoted below, I wonder if the FCC has a telecommute
program. That would explain the approvals on a day when everybody else was
snowed under. One of the good things about telecommuting is that you can
earn money when everybody else is up to their eyeballs in snow. I would
suggest that booth announcing and anything else that doesn't need a personal
appearance could be done that way in this age of communications and virtual
presence. If one can have a virtual office, why not a virtual studio?

However, after I wrote the above, I researched the issue and discovered that
the real reason was that federal agencies were open on Friday although
openings were delayed a couple of hours.

>From the OPM website at http://www.opm.gov/ :

Feb 12, 2010
Federal agencies in the Washington, DC, area are OPEN under a DELAYED
ARRIVAL\UNSCHEDULED LEAVE policy. Employees should plan to arrive for work
no more than 2 hours later than they would normally arrive.

Feb 11, 2010
Federal agencies in the Washington, DC, area are CLOSED.

Feb 10, 2010