FCC Open Today: Area Applications

lglavin@mail.com lglavin@mail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:10:28 EST 2010

I guess some Federal employees in DC were sufficiently able to dig themselves out to appear at
work because the fcc.gov website is displaying applications and actions today (Friday;  they'll be
off Monday on a scheduled holiday). There were three items that caught my eye:  WICN- FM 90.5 in
Worcester is already, or very soon will be transmitting from Asnebumskit Hill in Paxton;  WRYP-FM
90.1 in Wellfleet/Provincetown is already or soon will be broadcasting with increased power utilizing a
directional vertical antenna;  and WMEA-FM, also on 90.1 in Portland, ME is installing a directional
antenna and increasing its  ERP.  I get a pretty good signal from WMEA's omnidirectional antenna
now...I wonder if I'll lose a few microvolts when that happens.