Pacific and Southern??

revdoug1@myfairpoint.net revdoug1@myfairpoint.net
Fri Feb 5 18:53:29 EST 2010

I happened to notice the tail-end credits of this evening's newscast from WLBZ-TV in Bangor, and instead of stating that the station is owned by Gannett, it said "(C) 2010 Pacific and Southern Co."
A bit startled, I went to my computer and Googled the company name --- which I had never heard of --- and found that it's a division of Gannett that manufactures wireless and broadcasting equipment.
I then went to the WLBZ website, and sure enough, it gives Gannett as the station's owner, with Pacific and Southern's name in parentheses.

Does anyone know what this is all about?

-Doug