The World

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon Dec 13 01:07:38 EST 2010

<<On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 22:32:42 -0500, "Dave Doherty" <dave@skywaves.net> said:

> I guess I'm in the minority, but I happen to like the program.

I have a suspicion that the people who like "The World" also like
other BBC World Service news program(me)s, and the people who say that
"The World" is B-O-R-I-N-G say the same thing about "Newshour", "The
World Today", "World Briefing", and other BBC World Service news
program(me)s.

Unfortunately, the World Service no longer carries any of the BBC's
domestic entertainment program(me)s.  For that, you have to use a
Flash-encrusted browser kluge called "iPlayer" to listen to the
national spoken-word service, Radio 4.

-GAWollman