Globe editorial calls FM radio "outdated technology"

Lou lspin@comcast.net
Mon Aug 23 14:04:33 EDT 2010

The thing that's still surprising to me is the lack of presence of HD radio
in new AV Receivers.  I have been in the market to replace my 24 year old
Marantz (AM Stereo and all) receiver with something more updated, so I
wanted to get something with HD Radio *and* Phono capability.  There are
plenty out there with "optional" HD with an extra module.  How do they ever
expect it to catch-on if it's still considered an option?

-Lou

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Bob DeMattia
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 1:41 PM

I've been looking to replace my current vehicle (ten years old, 240,000+
miles).  I have an aftermarket
HD receiver in my current vehicle.  I'm trying to find where there is an
option for an HD receiver in my
new vehicle.  If it's there, I can't find it.  Very easy to get a Sirius/XM
receiver though, in fact it's included
as standard on almost everything.  I suppose I could add an aftermarket to
my new vehicle, but a lot
of new vehicles now have the radio integrated into the trip computer and
even into the navigation
system.