WRKO loses Fox, picks up ABC

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Tue Aug 3 23:59:23 EDT 2010

<<On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 19:16:50 -0400, "Mark Watson" <markwats@comcast.net> said:

> Doug wrote:
>> I haven't noticed --- is 'BZ still an ABC affiliate as well?   It was up
>> until a week or two ago.   -

>   They aired an ABC report on the Manchester CT shooting rampage at 2:31PM
> today.

The radio networks long ago gave up on that sort of affiliate
exclusivity; these days the policy is "if you run the spots[1], you get
to air the content".  (Affiliates, of course, still care about the
*other* sort of exclusivity, that nobody else in the market can carry
the same content.  Presumably WRKO is running one of the other ABC
news feeds -- ISTR that they were using ABC Entertainment last time
around, but I have no idea what this is called in the post-Disney
era.)

-GAWollman

[1] And, of course, pay the rights feeds for those programs that
aren't strict barter.