Lost mail

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Fri Apr 2 08:42:08 EDT 2010

Hi again, Garrett: I checked my Webmail mailbox at att.yahoo.com and
indeed a spam filter and folder had been set up without my knowledge,
apparently by default. I believe I have now disabled the filter. Most
of the 1100 or so messages that the filter had caught (most of which
were dated on or after 3/14/2010) are now gone from Yahoo's mail
server and now reside in my Outlook Express inbox on one of my local
hard drives. Of these, the vast majority are spam, but some are not
and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to why the ones that were
labeled as spam were so labeled or why the ones that were not labeled
as spam were not so labeled. I have never trusted spam filters and
have always disabled them when I knew that I had to do so, even though
it means scanning hundreds of message titles each day for messages
that are or may be of value. I lost a few messages until I realized
that if I clicked on a message and then clicked on NOT Spam on the
Yahoo Mailbox toolbar, the message simply disappared, never to be
found--not in my inbox, not in my trash, just GONE! Apparently,
clicking on Not Spam is a no-no; if you don't want to lose a message
that the filter has classified as spam, you must click on Move and
then select Inbox. Who knew? Yahoo mail SUCKS!!!

HOWEVER, I did NOT find ANY messages from the Boston Radio Interest
list and expecially did not find the normal first-of-the-month message
that I should have received yesterday! Does this mean that the server
sent at least a few of the messages to me, but when Yahoo classified
them as spam, it sent the list server a message that caused the list
server to automatically delete my e-mail address from the list?
Whether that is the explanation or not, I would like to get back on
the mailing list. Please help!

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367