55+ (was: Boxford pirate's coax cable cut)

Roger Kirk rogerkirk@ttlc.net
Wed Sep 23 22:52:34 EDT 2009

Larry Weil wrote:
> Last time I listened WBOQ had an oldies format.  I admit I haven't
> listened in a while, have they trended more current too?
I've been listening frequently for the last 9+ months.  I have not
noticed an trending toward current.  If anything, they're expanding upon
their base.  Some really good "Oh Wow" oldies every hour.  Just a
sprinkling of songs by known artists that perhaps didn't chart #1 or #2,
but are recognizable.  It appears that they introduce songs to the play
list and retire some songs that have been on the list for a while.  So,
the core is manageable, but it's constantly changing - but slowly enough
that the average listener doesn't notice.