55+ (was: Boxford pirate's coax cable cut)

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Wed Sep 23 20:54:48 EDT 2009

Bob Nelson wrote:

> WATD does have some interesting stuff. I think they still >have a
> wee-hours (Tue nights?) oldies show done by a >legally blind DJ, IIRC.

  I know that WATD has a Saturday afternoon oldies show hosted by Ron Dwyer
who mixes in lots of not heard everyday gems from the 50's, 60's and 70's,
with one or two early 80's tunes thrown in. I believe his show is pre-empted
or shortened  by U-Mass sports in season (if WATD is still carrying U Mass
games). I believe Ron also has a Wed. night oldies show as well. There's was
also another oldies show after Ron's Saturday show from 6 to Midnight hosted
by two gentlemen. One of them I believe passed away in the last year or two,
so I don't know if this show is still on the air.

   And of course, there's a great variety of not heard everyday oldies,
including 50's and 60's hits, along with reverb and vintage jingles aplenty
on WLNG (92.1 Sag Harbor NY), which still streams on line BTW. Good example
of variety heard this past Sunday: "Release Me" by Little Esther Phillips,
vintage jingle, then "Dance The Night Away" by Van Halen.

Mark Watson