ESPN saying nothing for now

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Tue Sep 22 11:09:38 EDT 2009

That's interesting, your theory about Hill moving to WRKO and Mike taking over 97.7 and 107.3. Some speculation had the opposite--that WRKO would displace
107.3 (and/or 97.7) and it would be Hill in the morning followed by Ingraham, Rush, Howie, Savage, etc. (Not sure what would
happen to 680--sold off?) A new WRKO-FM would also perhaps grab some sports that WEEI (whether AM or FM) doesn't have room
for (WRKO ran Monday Night Football's second game of the initial doubleheader last week and perhaps could run ESPN
baseball playoffs) But ESPN of course would want a pretty full time station--especially one that could carry their
Mike and Mike show (morning drive).

Somehow I picture WEEI moving to FM but not WRKO. We shall see. (Though I think you feel RKO would stay at 680 and just add Hill.
I think Finneran's contract ends in Jan or Feb, based on the fact he had started in Feb a few yrs ago.)

But indeed they could put ESPN on 850 and WEEI most likely to 93.7, either w/ Entercom still owning 850 or selling it to
ESPN

It may be in no big hurry to switch but the idea of baseball playoffs (non-Sox) not on Boston radio is bad (though true,
one could tune to the stations in Hartford or NYC after dark)..and what about the possibility of a move co-inciding with
the start of the Celtics season? I think that kicks off in late October.

Hopefully the hometown team at Fenway might make it all the way to the World Series but who knows at this point. If the
series goes 7 games it would end on November 5. (According to Wikipedia this year's Fall Classic is scheduled to start on
Oct 28--the latest ever. Some World Series have ended around Oct 26 or so...this year it BEGINS on 10/28. If you're
attending a World Series game in a place like New York, Boston, Detroit, or Philadelphia, dress warmly, folks...

I think also there was a theory of Hill moving to Mike, which would have him in the morning and then jockless otherwise...?