Fundraising drive on commercial radio WIZZ-1520 (Greenfield, MA)

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Mon Sep 21 01:41:17 EDT 2009

True, but keep in mind that spotty service in certain areas with some
carriers hasn't hastened cellphone growth.  It just means different
carriers do better in different areas.  I have Sprint, but it doesn't
work when I visit my dad on the midcoast of Maine.  Everyone there has
US Cellular.  If you want the technology, you go with what works.  If
it's not available, you don't.  Heck, there are still rural areas of
this country that don't even have cable, but it's still considered a
viable form of television programming distribution.

Like any other new technology, internet radio will start in the larger
cities and in affluent suburbs.  Those are the areas with "early
adopters" that will jump on the latest technology as soon as it's
introduced.  If demand grows, it will spread to the the fringe areas
of major markets and into medium and smaller cities.  It may never get
to the very rural parts of this country, much like cable and cellphone
service, but if it can reach potentially 80 to 90% of the available
population, it would be considered a success.

-Dave Tomm