Fundraising drive on commercial radio WIZZ-1520 (Greenfield, MA)

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Wed Sep 16 21:59:56 EDT 2009

At 04:48 PM 9/16/2009, Dave Tomm wrote:
>Car manufacturers are now building docks for the I-Phone, so it can
>recharge while driving and patches in directly to the car's sound
>system.  Many stations are developing apps that allow streaming over
>the I-Phone.  Public Radio has already done it.  Clear Channel has
>their iheartradio app that allows streaming of nearly all of their
>stations, plus other content as well.  Individual stations have apps
>as well.  It's still in the rudimentary stages, but internet radio is
>coming.  It will make satellite radio largely obsolete and make things
>even more difficult for local signals.

Realistically, how much bandwidth is available for wireless
streaming?  It's one thing when there are only a handful of these
devices around but as more and more get "out there" you'll start to
see problems.
Also, keep in mind that, especially here in New England once you get
away from the cities & interstate corridors, cell service becomes
flakey really fast.