WHMP on FM

Jim Hall aerie.ma@comcast.net
Mon Sep 14 08:20:17 EDT 2009

I believe the 96.9 is a translator licensed to Amherst, but with transmitter
in Northampton.  I notice the WHMP homepage mentions the 1400 and 1240, plus
the 96.9 translator, but not the 1600 in Longmeadow (WHNP). I wonder if they
plan to do something else with the 1600.

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
A. Joseph Ross
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 2:07 AM
To: Boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: WHMP on FM

I was in Amherst yesterday and, while listening to WHMP in
Northampton, heard an announcement that they were "now on FM at
96.9."  And sure enough, they were.  They don't seem to do a legal ID
for the FM station, though.  I heard a legal ID for the three
simulcasting AM stations, but the only mention of the FM station was
the "now on FM at 96.9" which accompanied the legal ID as it does
other station announcements.