Has anyone heard this rumor???...

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Thu Sep 3 20:50:45 EDT 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 7:55 PM, Bob Hale wrote:

> Heard a rumor from the grapevine today that WNNE ch 31 was going to
> switchover from simulcasting WPTZ ch 5 to simulcasting WMUR ch 9. I
> know this is only a rumor but has anyone else heard this?
>
> It would give coverage of channel 9 to most all areas of the state
> especially those that don't have cable available to them. Sullivan
> and Grafton County I think would benefit the most since alot of the
> towns don't have cable.

If the coverage of ABC and NBC affiliates are taken into account,
wouldn't a lot of people lose their NBC affiliate?  There seems to be
a lot of overlap between the coverage areas of WMUR and WNNE, so many
people would lose NBC and get two ABC stations.

A better idea might be to have WNNE keep NBC but use WMUR's news
instead of WPTZ's.

Does the WNNE audience identify more with Vermont or New Hampshire?  I
suspect their audience is split and I can't imagine their viewers in
central Vermont are going to care about a car accident in Portsmouth NH.

Paul