Spanish on 1400: WLLH or a pirate?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Thu Oct 29 03:14:06 EDT 2009

Yesterday just before 5 pm I noticed something on 1400, while driving on Rt 128 in Peabody. It was a loop
of Spanish language talk (echoed) and synthesizer noises and it seemed to say something like
"we are preparing...more music...are you ready?" if my translation was right. The signal was quite
strong and I wondered if it was a pirate from Lynn or Peabody (the echo was so much that it was
tough to make out what was being said). Or is it WLLH 1400 turning on again? The signal got slightly
weaker when I got into downtown Lynnfield...