quick turntable question

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Oct 19 17:14:24 EDT 2009

On 18 Oct 2009 at 11:03, Martin Waters wrote:

>     Just before WMUA upgraded to 1 Kw and stereo in 1971, it got large
> amounts of new equipment to replace mono equipment. The Student Senate
> -- this is long before underwriting -- was very generous with money
> for the upgrade.

This is the way it was when I was there, both as a station member and
a senator.  I wish it could still be that way, but the philosophy is
different now.

> When I was last there about five years ago, at least one of those
> RCA boards survived, demoted to the newsroom. The newsroom also had
> one of the RCA 77 ribbon mics that were on the air back in the day.

Exactly what do they need a board in the newsroom for?  For that
matter, when is there ever any news on WMUA?   I never hear any?
When I was there back in the 1960s, they had a UPI teletype near the
entrance, and someone did the news on the hour.  I suppose they get
the news by computer now, but I never hear any newscasts.

BTW, lately, I haven't been able to get WMUA online on my computer.
Something seems to be wrong with the low-speed streaming.