quick turntable question WOTW

Dave Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Mon Oct 19 02:26:50 EDT 2009

Last I heard Scott Shannon still uses carts for his morning show on
WPLJ/New York.  He was not a big believer in digital playback for a
long time.  All of his beds, drops, sweeps and intro/outros were on
carts lining the walls of the main studio even though the rest of the
station was on the hard-drive.

When I was at WBRS several years back, I did a reggae show that
centered on older material.  A good 60-70% of that show was off vinyl,
and the station had two (usually) working turntables at that time.
Even back then, I was one of the few people who actually used them.
Playing songs off I-pods and laptops had become commonplace by the
time I left in 2004.  Even the CD's weren't being utilized all that
much....

-Dave Tomm