ESPN on WEEI

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Fri Oct 9 00:40:31 EDT 2009

> From: "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
> Wednesday, October 7, 2009 9:05 PM
> Re: ESPN on WEEI
>
> Technically it would leave WCRB on the Class A
> 97.7 signal, albeit from a site closer to Boston
> than Wood Hill--a site that happens to be owned
> by WCRB's new parent, thus reducing WCRB's
> operating costs. And 107.3 would be back to being
> on only the quasi-rimshot 107.3. Well, Entercom
> can't have _everything_ can they?

I noticed last night that the stereo channels are
reversed between 107.3 and the simulcast on 97.7.

A Jimi Hendrix track that was originally recorded
with the vocal on only one channel had the vocal
on the left on 107.3, but on the right on 97.7.

I'm not sure which one is transmitting correctly.

If nothing else, that shows a lack of attention
to detail toward the simulcast on Entercom's part.
I don't know if that adds to your speculation.

EP