WHAI 98.3 & WMUA reception

Martin Waters martinjwaters@yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 14:05:24 EDT 2009

--- On Wed, 10/7/09, Joseph Ross & Dale H. Cook wrote:
> >>1971
> >
> >Was that when the station moved to the Campus Center?
>
> No - that was in the 1980s. When I left AP in 1982, the Daily
>Collegian was in the CC, but WMUA was still in Engineering.

Then it must have been very shortly after 1982 that the engineering dean summarily evicted WMUA from the engineering building with very little notice. The station was forced to operate from the "studios" of a former (?) pirate station in the Sylvan dorms -- allowing it stay on the air, but just about wiping out its training, etc., functions for the students. It stayed there while arrangements were made, funding obtained and studios built in the sub-sub-sub-sub (OK, I exaggerate slightly . . . ) basement of the Campus Center. I like to think that back in "our" day of the student-power early '70s, His Royal Deanship never would have gotten away with that c**p.