WGBH TV on the Radio - correction

Aaron Read friedbagels@gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 12:42:04 EST 2009

I hadn't really looked at the BBC-WS schedule but yeah, that's not an
ideal lineup for an American audience.  I suppose theoretically you
could tape-delay BBC NewsHour or something...although that's got its
own risks.

Speaking of D2D, it's also where News & Notes' cancellation hurts,
too.  I can't speak too much to TMM because I only hear it
occasionally, but at WEOS we aired N&N and from my perspective it was
a very good show.  Can't say if it "spoke" to an African-American
audience, but as a white man with limited understanding of race
relations, it did a good job of taking African-American issues and
making them more accessible to me.

Of course, another part of the problem is the 12n - 4pm is a "dead
zone" ratings-wise...it's hard to expend a lot of capital on a time
when you know that - like as not - nothing you do will garnish all
THAT many listeners.

- Aaron