WGBH TV on the Radio - correction

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sun Nov 29 11:28:21 EST 2009

<<On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 08:16:49 -0800 (PST), Sean Smyth <sean.smyth@yahoo.com> said:

> This is the BBCWS schedule for tomorrow afternoon (EST).

For which of the World Service program streams?

> There seems to be some variation each day in the 2 p.m. ET block, so
> keep that in mind, too.

The World Service schedule, generally speaking, is composed of a
combination of daily and weekly programs.  The hours that WBUR
currently carries are pretty much all daily shows (mostly World
Briefing and The World Today), but there are several hours each day
devoted to weekly (or at least less-than-daily) programs like "FOOC",
"Science in Action", "Politics UK", "Heart and Soul", "Global
Business", and so on.  These are generally half-hour shows.

I suspect the biggest problem for most stations with carrying the BBC
in the afternoon is the limited opportunity for underwriting.  There
are only two one-minute breaks in an hour of World Service
programming.

-GAWollman