Home for the holidays!

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed Nov 25 23:19:23 EST 2009

For those of you NERW fans who've been following the meanderings of that
lonely translator that's been slowly migrating from Gloucester to
Fitchburg, there's some good news tonight:

I think that after 14 relocations and 7 frequencies (most recently
105.5), our little lost translator (currently W288CE) has finally come home.

There's a new application, filed just today, that will shift it from
105.5 (up north by the NH border) to 105.3, with 250 watts,
non-directional, from a site about 1000' above sea level just west of
downtown Fitchburg.

This looks like it will be the permanent facility for this translator,
which is going to relay WPKZ 1280.

I'm quite sure this is not at all what the authors of the translator
rules ever had in mind...but you've somehow got to admire the sheer
determination it takes to pull off a move like this, anyway.