Interstates and Nassau (but not why there are no Interstates IN Nassau...that would be a different thread)

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Tue Nov 24 04:27:07 EST 2009

I believe that there may have been some deal with the Feds to drop the 128
designation from Canton to Braintree (I-93 US-1 now). BTW They added US 1 to
the SE Expressway/Old 128 Braintree-Dedham stretch due to trucks crashing
into the Storrow Drive Bridges Stretch of US 1....

Originally, the I-95 Canton-Peabody stretch of 128 was ALSO supposed to lose
the 128 designation. Dropping the 128 sineage from Canton to Braintree ONLY
maybe was a compromise?

I would have put the I-93 signs on Rte 24 from Randolph to Tiverton RI, made
the short Randolph-Canton stretch of Former 128 as I-595 (or such)...and
made Rte 3 from Braintree-Bourne signed as I-193, but that's just me...

Oh...and so it's radio.... Nassau is still stunting on 101.5 Meredith (WWHQ)
to move to 104.9 (WLKZ Wolfeboro) and for the last week, 99.1 Henniker
(WNNH) has been stunting the entire NH Nassau property group (93.3 WNHI
Belmont, 106.3 WFNQ Nashua, 105.5 WJYY Concord, 104.9 WLKZ Wolfeboro, 98.3
WLNH Laconia & 1490 WEMJ Laconia)

-Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH/Freeport ME (formerly Randolph MA)